Most people seem to think that in the winter all the pest that cause problems in their
homes have died off, therefore, assuming that pest control during these cold months is not
necessary. This assumption has been proven to be very wrong. Your home is still in danger of
being invaded by unwanted pests even during the coldest months of the year.
In Texas, the coldest winter months are usually limited to December, January and
February. If you sign up for a service in the winter, this appointment will accomplish a number of important tasks that most people are not aware of.
1. Pests that live inside the walls of your home are not affected by the cold temperature
outdoors. In fact, drastic weather changes will drive pests inside.
• Termites, ants, cockroaches, earwigs and many other insects can thrive indoors
as the weather is always pleasant inside.
• Attics provide shelter to other insects as well, such as wasps and spiders, as they search
for a place to over winter.
2. Rodents can find their way into your home through small entry points, or they can make their own.
3. If neglected, spider webs and egg sacs can accumulate and create even more problems
in the coming months.
4. A meticulous inspection of your home, inside and out, will help ensure no pest related
issues are present and can help identify any conducive conditions that might increase your risk for pest problems in the future.
5. Treated entry points (e.g. doors, windows, weep holes and soffits) will provide lasting protection and prepare your home for the emergence of pests in spring.
6. Removing spider webs, egg sacs and mud dauber nests will help prevent any of them
from emerging when the weather warms.
7. Not only are you preventing pests but in winter times prevention services can save you money. It’s been said that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Just remember, for the same reasons you want to be indoors during the winter, invasive
pests do too. It is important to protect your home year around from unwanted pests.
If you want more information about pest prevention or want to get an estimate and
evaluation, call Western Exterminating at 817-834-3121, where Pest Control Excellence is the Western Way!